Last Updated: 4/20/2016
What type of information do we collect?
- General Browsing and Tracking Mechanisms:
- Collection of Personal Information:
How do we use your information?
We use your Information to:
- provide the Services;
- help underwrite and provide accurate insurance premium rate quotes;
- provide insurers with the required information for applications;
- provide or offer other financial and consumer products and services from partners with whom we have entered into a joint marketing agreement;
- provide, maintain and improve customer service;
- tailor your experience with the Services to your interests;
- develop and improve the Site and the Services;
- respond to your inquiries; and
- communicate with you regarding the insurance products that you purchased through the Site as well as other products and services that may be of interest to you.
In addition, we may aggregate your Information with our other user’s Information and use that information for benchmarking and analysis purposes.
What information do we share with third parties?
We may share your Information with insurance carriers offering the third-party insurance products made available to you through the Services.
We may share your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, some or all of the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have established business relationships with us may choose to opt out of our sharing their Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to [email protected].
Visitors from outside the U.S.
If you are visiting the Site or any of the Services from a location outside of the U.S., your connection will be through and to servers located in the U.S. All Personal Information you provide to us will be maintained in web servers and/or internal systems located within the U.S. By providing us with any Personal Information through the Site or any of the Services, you consent to transfer of such Personal Information to the U.S.
Questions or concerns
If you have additional questions or would like more information regarding our information collection, use of disclosure practices, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]